Wednesday 23 January 2013

I did mention in some of my other posts that I would go into more detail about my diet/ what I eat. Actually, I would not really call it a diet as I am not doing it in the purpose of 'dieting' although dieting does not always mean you want to lose weight! I would say its a lifestyle you chose, you do it for a reason and my reason is so in the long-run I will be healthy...we need to start thinking about when we will become old-although it is a bit sad...!

I do get shocked when I go food shopping and I see so many people buying soo much junk food..from Coke to ice creams...etc! Some people think I exagerate, well, I do sometimes eat chocolate or a cake but then again you cannot do this everyday or three times a day like some people do. The body requires natural food, packed with vital nutrients and minerals that the body actually needs and will benefit from! I detest it when people think my only reason behind eating healthy is because I dont want to put on weight! It is actually because I care about my body and I eat what we are actually supposed to eat, instead of chemically processed food that will lead to health problems.

I know this because there was a year when I was living of small quantities of food packed with sweeteners- how wrong was I, thought this would be 'good' and would make me 'thin'. Well, Im thinner now, im eating more but the difference is that I am eating healthy. In addition, I also had bad stomach problems due to eating all those processed foods...funny the doctors did not even tell me that it might of been that, had to figure it out myself.

Well, anyway...I am posting a photo of a dish I made last night :). It was really nice and my boyfriend also enjoyed this dish. I mostly used vegetables (as you can see from the photos) such as tomatoes, carrots, peppers, bean sprouts and I used Quinoa. To add some flavour I bought this Chinese spicy sauce (guess not THAT healthy but I will need to start making my own sauces ONE DAY!). This is a good recipe to even take to work/school as it is healthy, filling and tastes really nice! 

Benefits of Quinoa:

- Protein rich food
-Twice fiber than most other grains
-Contains iron
-Contains lysine- tissue growth & repair
-Rich in magnesium
-High in riboflavin(B2) helps energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells
-High content of maganese- antioxidant

No comments:

Post a Comment